Walltown Northumberland National Park Visitor Information Centre is located in Walltown Quarry Country Park, near Greenhead on the southern border of the National Park. The site is also great to explore Walltown with its tall crags around the large hollow left after quarrying. Here you can see where Hadrian's Wall was built on the north facing edge of a great wave of volcanic rock. You can experience woodlands, meadows, wildlife lakes, with pleasant circular walks enjoyed by everyone including those in wheelchairs and buggies. The friendly information centre staff have in-depth knowledge of the area to help you make the most of your visit.
Call in for ideas, inspiration and information on
- Nearby accommodation including campsites, bunk barns, B&B's and hotels.
- Local attractions and itinerary suggestions
- Outdoor activities, walking and cycle routes
- Public transport
- Maps, books, a range of gifts and souvenirs
- Events in the area
- A selection of snacks and hot and cold drinks available
Winter Opening Hours from 31st October 2016 Saturday & Sunday 10am - 3pm